Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trevelin to Chile Chico






After my day of dirtbiking with Jerry, he then invited all of us to his parents farm to cook a lamb that I asked him to buy, cooked traditionally as you can see, need I say more and the setting was fantastic. Well at around Midnight after a whole lot of alcohol, I remembered that I still had a stick of Dynamite in my tool bag that I bought in Potosi, Bolivia. Yea, 5 border crossings later and a bunch of booze we all hop in the back of 2 pickups and head of to a “safe” area. We find a mound of freshly sifted sand, some guys real hard days work, and proceed to blow it up. Fun was had by all!!


Now look at the pictute of the mountain range, see why its on its side.

From Trevelin we went back into Chile onto another dirt road, the Carratera Astral, we rode south all the way to Cohaique and then a ferry across to Chile Chico. Gravel is always difficult to ride on with these bikes, they go all over the place. We really rode through some spectacular scenery. After waking up in Cohaique, we were no more than 20 Kms out of town and I got a flat, I stuck a big slit in my sidewall on the gravel. So 3 plugs later I finally get the leak to stop and head off for the Ferry. The next morning a local guy in Chile Chico patched the tire and now it is as good as new.

Now we are back into Argentina again, these bloody border crossings, I cant keep track anymore. We have big smiles because we are about to start the famous Ruta 40. What the heck we were smiling about, I will never know!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris!!! See you end your trip here... Hope you could had nice time. I saw nice fotos from here. I hope to see you here again. Best wishis. Gery

    ReplyDelete